US TOLL FREE: 1-800-886-0909 International: 1-734-744-5940
Reference Books & Materials
ANSI Y14.5M - 1982
GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 1994
GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 2009
Digital Design Dictionary
Digital Design Dictionary (Downloadable)
Digital Instructor’s Kit: 1994 Fundamentals of GD&T
Terms & Conditions
Effective Training Inc.
:: GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 1994
GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 1994
Based on ASME Y14.5M - 1994
Publisher: Effective Training Inc. Edition
The GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 1994 is the newest version of our classic GD&T training software. It’s a comprehensive course in the fundamentals of GD&T right on your desktop. This computer-based training program combines the latest technology with expert teaching methods and the result is the most professional GD&T training software available.
Learn GD&T on your own terms as you work through the course at your own pace, and when it fits into your schedule. GD&T has never been more convenient.
* Covers GD&T fundamentals in 28 lessons
* Features interactive lessons
* Gives 28 quizzes and a final exam
* Includes a 150-question certification exam
* Contains interactive lesson content
* Features easy-to-read lesson/quiz screens
* Provides multiple question formats
* Detailed drawings & graphics illustrate concepts
* Instant lesson feedback explains why answer is wrong
* Contains a full GD&T glossary of over 150 terms & concepts
* Provides 100+ Author's Comments by Alex Krulikowski
* Content is referenced with Ultimate Pocket Guide
* Animations and 3D solid parts provide better visualization of concepts
* Contains geometric control application and inspection examples
* Audio narration of lesson/quiz content helps auditory learners
* Provides a test bank of questions – students don’t see all the same questions
* Includes enjoyable lesson work – it’s fun to complete
* Teaches a complete GD&T course in 20-30 hours (class version)
* Administration tools let you change course options / track student progress
* Provides over 90 types of printable reports, charts, and graphs
* Gives individualized instruction
* Provides a resource as an on the job reference
* Encourages a uniform level of knowledge across your entire organization
The GD&T Trainer can be used as:
• A complete course in GD&T, including quizzes, final exam, and certificate of completion
• An informal seminar in GD&T
• A supplement to live training
• An internal GD&T certification
• An on-the-job reference
This product is a valuable tool for:
This course is recommended for all individuals who create or interpret engineering drawings. The GD&T Trainer Fundamentals course is the perfect basic training in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Skill level needed:
Participants should have completed a course in basic blueprint reading or use drawings regularly on the job.
The course contains 28 lessons that explain the terms, symbols, modifiers, rules, and basic concepts of geometric tolerancing as prescribed in ASME Y14.5M-1994. Additional topics covered include: why GD&T is superior to coordinate tolerancing; the datum system; and examples of how geometric tolerances are inspected. Contains detailed animations, 3D solid part samples, audio narration, and much much more.
The GD&T Trainer also comes with course administration tools. The GD&T Administrator allows changes to course options and assignment of student passwords. When a student works a lesson, a record of his/her performance is saved in a log file that lets administrators monitor student progress. Holds up to 2,000 students. The GD&T Reporter can print and export over 90 various reports on student progress. Report formats include colorful graphs and charts.
The GD&T Trainer lets you choose from the following courses:
The Fundamentals of GD&T Class Course – is a complete course in the fundamentals of GD&T based on ASME Y14.5M-1994. The course includes 28 lessons, numerous exercises, 28 quizzes and a final exam. Each quiz must be successfully completed in order to progress to the next lesson. The minimum passing score for the quizzes and final exam can be set through the Course Administrator. A certificate of achievement may be printed upon completion.
The Fundamentals of GD&T Seminar Course – has the same lesson content as the class course without the quizzes or final exam. Lessons can be viewed in any order. When the course is finished, a certificate of completion may be printed.
It also contains a certification test:
The GD&T Certification Test – is a 150-question test that covers the fundamentals of GD&T and verifies the student’s mastery of the topic. A certificate may be printed upon receiving a score of 90% or higher.
Available in three versions:
The GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 1994 comes in different versions to suit your training needs:
Single-User - for use by one person on a single PC
Multi-User - for one or more users on a single PC
LAN - for multiple users to train concurrently on a LAN (local area network) system
The single-user version of the software is intended for purchase and use by an individual. Companies looking for an efficient, affordable, and economical GD&T training option can choose from the multi-user, LAN, site and corporate versions of the GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 1994. Call 800-886-0909 to discuss the training method that's right for your company.
20-24 hours (typical)
System, software, and hardware requirements:
The recommended system requirements for use are:
* Microsoft Windows XP (SP2)/XP 64-bit/Vista/7
* Pentium III-based computer 1 GHz or higher
* CD or DVD drive (for installation)
* 256MB RAM (minimum) 512MB or higher recommended
* 1 GB of hard drive space (minimum)
* Video card capable of 24-bit, 1024x768
* Video settings must be set to small fonts
* Sound Blaster or compatible sound card
* Microsoft® mouse or compatible pointing device
* Macromedia Flash Player 10 or higher (included)
* Visual Basic 6 Runtime (Admin and Reporter only)
* .NET Framework 2.0
Note: Windows 3.x/98/ME/2000 are not supported.
Add to cart
Send to friend
Send to friend
Ultimate GD&T Pocket Guide
GD&T Workbook With Engineering Drawings
Recommended products list
Customers who bought this product also bought the following products:
Fundamentals of GD&T Textbook - Y14.5-2009
New Features Comparison Charts
GD&T Application Workbook - Student Version
GD&T Self-Study Workbook 2nd Edition
Ultimate GD&T Pocket Guide - Spanish
Fundamentals of GD&T Video: Tape 4 - Planar Datums
Digital Instructor’s Kit: 2009 Fundamentals of GD&T
Digital Instructor’s Kit: Tolerance Stacks
ASME Y14.41-2003 Standard
Cart is empty
Ultimate GD&T Pocket Guide (2009) buy two get one free
GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 2009 with 1-yr Maintenance - $399
Copyright © 1999-2013 Effective Training Inc.